You can also register as a “virtual walker” of the PCUSA Walk for a Fossil Free World. By registering here, you make these commitments:
- I commit to building inclusive and supportive community while participating in the PCUSA Walk for a Fossil Free World, participating in worship and teach-ins, and praying for the other virtual walkers and walkers.
- I commit to doing something each day in solidarity with the walkers, such as walking a certain amount of steps or praying for ten minutes for those affected by climate change. My personal daily commitment is: _____________________________________________________________________.
- I commit to preparing myself physically, spiritually, and mentally for this Walk through physical preparation, prayer, and self-care so that I can love creation with each step we take together, whether virtually or in person.
- I commit to fundraising $500 -$1000 for the Walk for the cost of food, medical supplies, permits, travel scholarships, and other associated expenses.
- I commit to telling the story of the Walk and the movements for climate justice with my communities (online, church, friends, family) before, during, and after the Walk. I also commit to telling the story at General Assembly if and as I am able.
- I commit to the goals of the PCUSA Walk for a Fossil Free World:
- To encourage the PC(USA) 223rd General Assembly to divest from fossil fuels so that we no longer profit from the exploitation of the Earth and the most vulnerable communities
- To uplift, learn from, support, and create communities of resilience and resistance in response to climate change
- To reduce our carbon footprint as we travel to the PC(USA) General Assembly in St. Louis